Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 18:43, 7 May 2020 by Poofjunior (Created page with "== Safety Equipment == Wear protective eyewear while working with hand tools, especially while soldering, cutting springs, and using the arbor press == Assembly Tools == Th...")
Wear protective eyewear while working with hand tools, especially while soldering, cutting springs, and using the arbor press
The following tools/extra-materials are required for assembling Jubilee:
- Calipers, cheap or fancy. Both work.
- Budget Soldering Iron for installing heat-set inserts
- Heat-Set Insert Installation Tip. This one will work for M3 and M4 inserts.
- 1.3mm hex key
- 1.5mm hex key
- 2.0mm ball screw hex key
- 2.5mm hex key
- 3.0mm ball screw hex key
- M3 Hex Nut Driver. Filastruder or Amazon
- 0.5 Ton Benchtop Arbor Press is ideal but a bench vise will suffice.
- 2x 4 inch Quick-Grip Clamps for squaring the frame. These are sold in 2-packs, so one pack will suffice.
- 1 pair of 25-50-75 Blocks or 123 Blocks for squaring the frame
- 1 pair conventional wire cutters
- 1 pair hard wire cutters for cutting spring guide and wire rope. Note that cutting these parts with conventional wire cutters will destroy the wire cutters.
- blue medium-strength threadlock such as Vibra-Tite
- A flat surface to assemble the frame. A kitchen granite countertop is ideal, but a table will work too.
- Recommended: 1 USB Microscope for nozzle calibration