Specifying Your Build Options
All parts for the latest stable Jubilee build are called out in the V2 Shopping List. If you are strictly following that list, you may safely ignore this page. If you (1) must perform part substitutes, (2) are looking for cheaper part alternatives, or (3) are looking for upgrades, read on!
- 1 The Shopping List
- 2 Frame Configuration
- 3 Tools
- 4 Upgrades
- 5 Planned Upgrades
The Shopping List
The shopping list consists of 3 tabs for (1) the frame, (2) aset of two extruders, and (3) a set of optional upgrades.
Regions and Part Alternates
While the shopping list favors a "self-sourcer" ordering parts from the United States, several alternates are listed from other international vendors. These alternates are functionally equivalent. That is, substituting parts for these alternates will not impact the design's behavior, safety, or instructions.
BOM vs Shopping List
The shopping list is not quite a proper bill-of-materials (BOM). While a bill-of-materials will display all the machine's constituent parts, the shopping list breaks down all parts into their smallest "units of sale." In other words, some line items may include _packs_ of screws when the machine may only use a few of them. This choice is done to favor the "self-sourcer" buying parts for the lowest possible price without relying on volume discounts. In all cases where this occurs, the part quantity _actually_ used in the machine is mentioned in the comments.
- Default: Gates brand 2GT drive pulleys, idlers, and timing belt.
- Budget: Powge brand 2GT drive pulleys, idlers, and timing belt.
- Save $50US. These pulleys are 9mm instead to 10mm tall, which means they will require 5 extra 0.2mm shim in between belt layers.
2020 Aluminum Extrusions
- Note: These may or may not be anodized.
- Note: Because the frame extrusions are used as references for alignment later, these are specified to be cut by Misumi, a vendor with the proper tooling to hold length tolerances within 0.4mm (often within 0.1mm).
- Default: T8x2 Leadscrews, 375mm long
- Option: T8x4 Leadscrews, 375mm long. These can effectively double the Z movement speed. (Useful for non-printing applications where the bed experiences lots of height changes.) These are currently only stocked at Filastruder. When run with 0.9mm stepper motors, they do not accumulate error in the case where the Z axis moves in full-step increments. (For more on error accumulation with particular leadscrew/motor configurations, see the Prusa leadscrew calculator).
L Bracket Options
- Note: The default L brackets are bundled with M3, 4mm flat-tip set screws. Because the frame is intended to be electrically connected together through these connectors, the shopping list specifies an extra set of cup point set screws that will cut through the anodization layer when tightened. If you are replacing the L brackets with alternates, make sure you also use them with either _cup_ point or _cone_ point set screws. Flat set screws are not guaranteed to connect the frame together.
- Default: Duet2 + Duex5
- Duet3 + Raspberry Pi + 2 Duet Expander Boards
- this is not yet officially supported with a config file, but the back panel has a hole pattern to accomodate these boards.
- Default: Plain MIC6 Aluminum Plate + 305x305 High Temperature Magnetic Sheet
- Upgrade: Aluminum Cast Tool Plate Plate with embedded magnets by 713Maker or Mandala Rose Works
- This bed plate heats up in a speedy 1-2 minutes and should be fine operating at temperatures no more than 150C.
305x305mm Magnetic Build Plate Options
- Budget: Fablam Flexplate by SeeMeCNC
- Save $30US. These may become the default in a future revision.
- Default: BuildTak Flexplate
- Default: Aluminum Crossbar
- Deprecated: 6mm Carbon Fiber Crossbar
XY Motor Options
- Budget: Stepper Online Motors
- Part Number: 17HM19-2004S1 Spec Sheet
- Default: LDO 0.9 Nema 17 MAX Power Motors sold by Filastruder
- Part Number: LDO-42STH60-2004MAC(RC) Spec Sheet
- The Default Extruder can accommodate an E3D V6 (default) or Volcano nozzle without adjusting the heights of other components.
- [Hemera Extruder Tool]
- [9mm Belt Upgrade]
- [E3D Tool Plate Style Bondtech Extruder] comparable to the default extruder