Wear protective eyewear while working with hand tools, especially while soldering, cutting springs, and press-fitting components
The following tools/extra-materials are required for assembling Jubilee:
- Calipers, cheap or fancy. Both work.
- Budget Soldering Iron for installing heat-set inserts
- Recommended: Heat-Set Insert Installation Tip. This one will work for M3 and M4 inserts.
- 1.5mm hex key
- 2.0mm ball screw hex key
- 2.5mm ball screw hex key
- 3.0mm ball screw hex key
- M3 Hex Nut Driver. Filastruder or Amazon
- 0.5 Ton Benchtop Arbor Press is ideal but a bench vise will suffice.
- 2x 4 inch Quick-Grip Clamps for squaring the frame. These are sold in 2-packs, so one pack will suffice. Larger clamps work too.
- 1 pair of 25-50-75 Blocks or 123 Blocks for squaring the frame.
- 1 pair conventional wire cutters
- 1 Wire Crimpers, specifically SN-2549
- blue medium-strength threadlock such as Vibra-Tite
- A flat surface to assemble the frame. A kitchen granite countertop is ideal, but a table will work too.
Deprecated Assembly Tools
These are no longer required except in some circumstances.
- 1 pair hard wire cutters for cutting spring guide and wire rope. Note that cutting these parts with conventional wire cutters will destroy the wire cutters. Spring guide from most Jubilee vendors is now cut-to-length, so these shouldn't be needed by default.
- Recommended: 1 USB Microscope for nozzle calibration